Filing for bankruptcy is a difficult decision. Unfortunately, sometimes it is the only solution to your debt problems. There are many things you should know before you file bankruptcy papers. Since the process can be very labor intensive, it is highly recommended that you hire a bankruptcy attorney to help you through the process.
An industry leading bankruptcy attorney can assure that all the necessary forms are filed in a correct and timely manner. Proper filing will help you avoid the dismissal of your case. Having the proper help from a bankruptcy attorney will ensure that you file your papers under the proper bankruptcy chapter. With that being said, you need to find an attorney that has a long standing success rate with bankruptcy law. Here is a list of the most important steps to finding an industry leading bankruptcy law firm:
- Visit Florida State’s Bar Association Website: here you can find attorneys who are currently practicing in your area. You can also cross-reference any attorney for disciplinary action.
- Choose an attorney that is currently specializing in bankruptcy law.
- Decide whether a large law firm or a small law firm is the way to go. This will help you with figuring out how much you can afford to pay your potential lawyer.
- Find out if your attorney is a member of The National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA) Attorneys who belong to NACBA are part of a highly respected consumer bankruptcy organization.
- Before you make your final decision, sit down with different bankruptcy attorneys that offer free consultations. This will allow you to make the best choice of attorney and law firm for your personal debt needs.