We stay up at night, so you don't have to.
Uncontested divorce is generally a more cost-effective and efficient way to dissolve a marriage than a contested divorce. At Galarza Law Firm, we have handled thousands of divorce cases and can help you prepare and file all necessary paperwork to ensure that your uncontested divorce is as smooth and simple as possible.
Uncontested Divorce Requirements in Florida
In order to file for an uncontested divorce in Florida, you must meet the following requirements:
- At least one spouse must have lived in Florida for at least 6 months
- Both spouses agree that the marriage is irretrievably broken and cannot be salvaged
- Both spouses agree on how all marital assets and debts should be divided
- Both spouses agree on how child custody and visitation will be arranged (if applicable)
- Both spouses agree on how much child support and alimony should be paid (if applicable)
How to File for an Uncontested Divorce in Florida
To file for an uncontested divorce in Florida, you must take the following steps:
- Prepare your divorce papers - You will need to complete a Petition for Simplified Dissolution of Marriage and a Financial Affidavit. You will also need to complete a Marital Settlement Agreement, which details how all marital assets and debts will be divided, and a Parenting Plan (if you and your spouse have children).
- File your divorce papers - You will need to file your divorce papers with the clerk of the circuit court in the county where you or your spouse live. You will also need to pay a filing fee.
- Serve your spouse - You will need to serve your spouse with a copy of your divorce papers. You can do this by using a private process server, a sheriff, or by using certified mail.
- Attend a hearing - You and your spouse will need to attend a final hearing. At the hearing, a judge will review your divorce papers and make a final decision on your divorce.
- Finalize your divorce - If the judge approves your divorce, you will need to complete a Final Judgment of Simplified Dissolution of Marriage and a Notice of Hearing. You will then need to file these documents with the clerk of the circuit court. You will also need to pay a filing fee.
At Galarza Law Firm, our Sarasota uncontested divorce attorneys can guide you through each step of the filing process and ensure that all paperwork is properly prepared and filed on your behalf.
What is the Cost of an Uncontested Divorce in Florida?
The cost of an uncontested divorce in Florida depends on several factors, including the complexity of the case and whether the spouses are able to agree on all issues.
At Galarza Law Firm, we offer low-cost, flat-fee rates for uncontested divorce cases. Call us today for a consultation and learn more about how much your case may cost.
How Long Does an Uncontested Divorce Take in Florida?
The time it takes to get an uncontested divorce in Florida varies depending on several factors, including the county where you file and the court's current docket. In general, however, it takes at least 30 days to get an uncontested divorce in Florida.
How Our Sarasota Uncontested Divorce Lawyers Can Help
At Galarza Law Firm, our Sarasota uncontested divorce attorneys can help you with all aspects of your divorce, including:
- Preparing and filing all necessary paperwork
- Ensuring that all paperwork is properly completed and filed
- Representing you at all court hearings
- Helping you and your spouse negotiate a settlement
We understand how important it is to resolve your divorce as quickly and efficiently as possible. That is why we will work tirelessly to help you and your spouse reach an agreement and finalize your divorce in a timely manner.
Schedule a Consultation Today
If you and your spouse are considering an uncontested divorce, you should not have to go through the process alone. Our Sarasota uncontested divorce attorneys have the knowledge, experience, and resources to help you navigate the process and protect your rights.
"We used Mr. Galarza for a legal matter and he was always very thorough and polite."Tiffany S.
"Very Satisfied with the work Mr. Galarza did for me."Julia Ann P.
"We had the best experience with William Galarza, we recommend him 100%."Rene A.